(Skip to the list below to see the stand out titles)
I read a few books this year that were amazing…. but I haven’t added them on Goodreads yet…. because… I forget that exists sometimes.
I suck at utilizing Goodreads “on time” to keep my lists current- sorry friends. I do keep track of the title, rating, and jotting down notes but then add them to the app in a huge bulk load.
Example: Currently uploading all my books for this year so far (30 books) plus I forgot to add several from last year… oops! I will try to be better but with so many social media platforms and the constant 2020 chaos it gets harder to stay up to date on things.
IF you’re not on Goodreads- join and try to use it better than I do. It does help to keep track of books you read, want to read, and make sure you aren’t re-reading books you read 5 years ago! I’ve made that mistake before and now I can quickly double check my lists when something feels a little too familiar in the library or book store.
List of the top books I’ve read so far in 2020 – a few lucky titles will be chosen to have a review posted on the blog and Goodreads in the next month:
- Homie by Danez Smith
- For Every One by Jason Reynolds
- If They Come for Us by Fatimah Asghar
- Barbie Chang by Victoria Chang
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Carnivore Diet by Shawn Baker
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- A Separate Peace by John Knowls (second time reading it)
- Harry Potter (entire series!) by J. K. Rowling